Securing Small Business Rebate
The application process is now open for the follow programs administered by the BC Chamber of Commerce. Please see the following for details:
The portal to receive funding for the Securing Small Business Rebate Program is now open. Business owners can apply for two different rebates – the Reparative Rebate and the Preventative Rebate – of up to $3,000 for both. Business owners can apply for funding for the 2023 and 2024 calendar years.
The portal will stop accepting applications for the 2023 calendar year on February 29, 2024. For the 2024 calendar year the portal will stop accepting applications on January 31, 2025.
The Reparative Rebate provides funding of up to $2,000 for costs related to property damage and vandalism on or after January 1, 2023. It is retroactive to January 1, 2023, through December 31, 2024.
The Preventative Rebate provides funding of up to $1,000 for costs incurred for preventative measures like installing security cameras or bars on windows. It is retroactive to January 1, 2023, through December 31, 2024.
The following eligible businesses can apply:
* Have less than 50 employees at the time the expense or incident occurred
* Located in British Columbia and zoned for commercial or light industry use; and
* Have an exterior entrance (for example the business accessed directly from an outside area such as sidewalk, street or parking area)
* Have a B.C. Business Registration Number and be in good standing with the Province of British Columbia
* Not have received an alternative, local rebate or grant to cover the same expense